Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What I Do All Day

Some people have asked me what I do all day, especially since the signing of the SOFA between Iraq and the US. I could go on about how much work I do and how busy I am except it's actually kind of boring here. EOD is an on call job. We take turns being on response which means 24 hrs of not leaving our compound and responding to incidents. If there's no calls we don't roll out of the gate.

Here's some of my accomplishments over the pass few months:

I've made it to level 99 and 2,107 lines in Tetris. Can you say Tetris Champion? I'm thinking about entering a Tetris championship when I get back. Yes, it's true that I spent over 99 minutes working on accomplishing this feat off and on throughout the day.

I've watched seasons 1-7 of Scrubs. It's a good show. I've now started calling SPC Elders girls names when we play ping pong. It gets inside his head.

I've watched seasons 1-4 of The Office. I think I lost a few IQ points and some brain cells from watching this show. It has given me some good ideas for some pranks though. I need to see if the PX sells Jello.


I'm currently watching Criminal Minds. What's the best thing about being part of the FBI? It's the cool windbreaker that you get. This show gets me pysched up to join the ATF.

My daily routine is made up of finding time in between shows to blog, work on my climbing wall (almost finished), visit motorcycle websites, and workout. We also do a little training to stay fresh and review techniques. I do laundry every six days or so. When we're not on call we're able to go to the chow hall, PX, and the big gym. I also make Sarah chat and webcam with me.

If you want to feel bad for anyone it should be for Sarah who's taking care of Abby, the dogs, the house, and everything else. She's a remarkable woman. She did inform me that she was going to let Abby and I have some Daddy/Daughter time and dissapear for a weekend when I get back. I probably owe her that much.

4 comments:

The Bertone's said...

Sarah you are a pretty remarkable women. I don't think, I could do it! :) Take care!

Anonymous said...

Oohhh Sarah, let's plan a girl's weekend! yay!! :)

Robin said...

I have to say that James loves the show The Unit, I actually have gotten pretty hooked on it also. You should check it out they have like 3 seasons on video now. And good job on the Tetris! Sarah is pretty awesome! :)

Unknown said...

LOL... This was a great post. You just crack me up. We're diehard Office fans and we both dig Criminal Minds too. ALMOST time to come back home!! :) I think Sarah should get a week in her chosen resort!! LOL