Friday, December 26, 2008

The Army Life

Due to being in a war zone (supposedly, ask me later about it) holidays take on a different meaning. Not to get any pity or other such nonsense I just want to share a cool picture.


I spent Christmas and Christmas Eve sleeping in my truck up at the crossed sabres which is next door to their fallen soldier memorial. This is all located in Baghdad in the International Zone which is a secured area. We were able to get down to the chow hall and eat some Christmas lunch which wasn't too bad. I did get back in time to webcam with Sarah and Abby their Christmas night (because of the time difference). I'm going to have some fond memories and lame stories to bore people with when I get back. Watch out.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

I am so glad that you got to webcam on Christmas Day. I can only imagine a Christmas away from my family. (although, sometimes it sounds like it would be more fun.) ;)

Unknown said...

Your stories will always be the same... LOL ;) JK. Happy New Year and keep kicking butt!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to see them webcam on Christmas day, I was telling everyone how sad I was about the whole situation! Well now I have another story to share as well.. :)