Friday, December 19, 2008

Our Winter

Everyone back home posted pictures on their blogs or mentioned to us about how much fun they were having this winter. Emily, Jon and family vacationed at their in-laws. Jacob, Heather and family were having a campout in their home. Many of you told us about how you decided to take a step back in time and try to do things without electricity or telephones. Well, Sarah and I felt the need to share how our winter has been so far.

These are the pictures that Sarah sent showing me the snow storm that they had. She said that the following couple of days they had temps down in the 30's and experienced some freezing rain. She didn't go anywhere for a couple of days because of the seriousness of the weather (and how bad some people can drive in this stuff).



For me, we've had some cold days too. Yesterday was an extra cold day, probably about 40 degrees. I've had to put on a long sleeve undershirt and beenie at night and in the early mornings. Also my nose got cold when I was up in the turret while we were driving down the highway at a blistering speed of 35 mph. We've also had to use the heater in our room to take the chill out of the air.
As you can read, we've been having a harsh winter too.
In all seriousness we're glad that all of you are safe and that the good ol' mainah upbringing of making do with what ya got is still alive. You're in our thoughts all the time.

2 comments:

Just another Army wife.... said...

That snow and freezing rain was super exciting...to think an actual cold christmas...And then today it should be about 70 degrees. Ahh the woes of living in texas! I did have to drive in the freeze and let me tell you it was SCARY not because I didnt think I could do it but these people here I swear! haha Glad you are doing great Josiah!

Megan and Sean said...

Hardy, har, har!