Saturday, January 10, 2009

So There I Was ...

in Iraq with nothing to do when I got the bright idea that I needed to stay in the Army for a few more years. I signed a new contract stating that I would serve for 4 more years starting yesterday. Yes, they gave me money to stay in. They also gave me a cool pen, a crappy leatherman, and a folding lawn chair.

Sarah and I made the decision to stay in so that I could get some more training and experience in the explosive field. The Army has the best schools for this line of work and they'll pay for it. Now I just have to convince someone that I need to be sent to them.

We also got to pick our choice of duty stations. We're moving to Ft Leonard Wood, Missouri. We don't have the exact dates but it should be late summer, early fall.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! ...mom

Just another Army wife.... said...

Congrats Guys!!! I hope you all enjoy the next 4 years!

Anonymous said...

Yay, you'll be closer to us! :)

The Bertone's said...

Missouri? Another new adventure awaits you! Congrats!

love_my_eod_guy said...

Congratulations and good luck at "lost in the woods" !! Hope you guys like it and it has lots of fun things to offer! (You can always go to St. Louis and visit the Arch!)

Unknown said...

congrats!! ft. l wood is where j went for basic!! :)