Saturday, January 24, 2009

Meet Fred

Just thought that I would show a couple pictures of Fred our robot. He's a great member of our team and does an excellent job. These guys make our job easier (when they're working correctly). Things have come along way in EOD since they introduced them. They first weighed several hundred pounds and were quite slow. Now they can be lifted by one person and can speed around.

Riding in the back of our truck secured in.


Searching around the area after we neutralized an IED.

Fred loves to chase dogs and cats around too.

6 comments:

Just another Army wife.... said...

Seems like all the little guys have such personalities I heard Steves learned how to swim!

Anonymous said...

It chases dogs and cats? How cute!!mom

Tuthill Family said...

Ahh-haa! Now I know the real reason why you re-inlisted! You just want to play with robots and get paid for it! :)

Nicki said...

That is funny! We'd love to see the chasing. Emily, too.

Marie said...

Uh, yeah. I bet Fred would say the same about you if given the chance... when they're working correctly...

Hm.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Emily..but I think everyone could use a Fred.. even if only to secure the bathroom after my husband has been in there... haha