Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Healthy Competition

In the spirit of keeping some spice on our marriage Sarah and I have been looking for things that we can do together. Webcamming is fun but since I don't do a whole lot I usually don't have too much to say. Sarah spends most of her time chasing after Abby or picking up after her so she usually doesn't have a lot to say. Just seeing each other over the webcam is nice but sometimes it gets to the point of us just staring at each other. We've decided to incorporate some healthy competition into our marriage.

I, suggested Tetris (see earlier post to know how I've already mastered that game). She suggested Spider Solitaire. Even though she had a 43% winning rate compared to my 13% I took on the challenge. But first we set some rules; No name calling. No crying (she told that to me). No sore loser. No spending every waking moment playing (directed towards me). No cheating (again, directed towards me). No fair getting help (directed towards her).

After we set these rules the chatting became a little more interesting. We chatted and played solitaire. These are some of the earlier conversations that we had;

Sarah: Won again!! TAKE THAT!! 44%!!
Josiah: Dang it. Lost again.
Sarah: You're not going to cry are you? Remember Rule #1.
Josiah: No, I'm not crying. I have something in my eye.
Sarah: It looks like you're crying. Don't be a sally.
Josiah: I'M NOT CRYING. Leave me alone.

Sarah: Lost one. I'm back down to 43%.
Josiah: Won one. Finally up to 14%. I'm getting close.
Sarah: In your dreams. LOL
Sarah: Stop pouting.
Josiah: I'm not pouting.
Sarah: It looks like you're pouting.
Josiah: I'M NOT POUTING. Leave me alone.

Then in true Stinson tradition I started to close the gap.

Sarah: I've won a few. I'm up to 45%, what are you up to?
Josiah: 15% BABY!! Here I come. Watch out!!
Sarah: hahaha

Fortunately for me Sarah hit a major loosing streak and crumbled under the pressure. It also helped that after consulting many books like "The Dummy's Guide to Spider Solitaire" and "Spider Solitaire 101" I started to get the hang of the game. Here are the conversations that we're having now:

Josiah: Yes, won again. 47%!!
Sarah: Lost another one. I can't get above 43%.
Josiah: That's not my problem!!
Josiah: Are you crying?
Sarah: Hush up or I wont cook supper for you for a month when you get back.
Josiah: Hey, Rule #1 and Rule #3.
Sarah: Whatever.
Josiah: Fine.

Oh, what a great marriage we have. Nothing like adding a little healthy competition to make it more interesting.



P.S.
Any other suggestions for games to play?

3 comments:

Tuthill Family said...

Try Twister... that could REALLY add some spice over the webcam. ;)

Unknown said...

ROFL! Blokus is online and it's interesting...What about all those free books on AKO - you could read some book of intrigue and discuss it? We're doing the weight loss competition... lol

Nicki said...

I suggest literati. That way you can only play when you have an opponent and you can increase your vocabularies at the same time. You guys are very cute