Saturday, April 24, 2010

Motorcycle Momma!

While Sarah was taking her motorcycle safety course, Abigail and I spent some good quality time together. We clocked quite a few hours on the riding lawn mower taking care of a few chores, watched a little tv, and spent a lot of time outdoors. Toby and Daryl enjoyed the added attention too. On the two riding days of the course, I brought the motorcycle on post so that meant early days for Abby. To reward her we spent some time on the cool playgrounds that are on post. We had our pick of over a dozen but we chose the one close to where Sarah was riding in order to spy on her. Here are some pics;

Of course Abigail was all excited when we saw a squirrel running around next to the playground. They get HUGE here on post where food is plentiful and shooting them is frowned upon. You can't really blame them. Would you want a bunch of redneck soldiers running around post with .22's, capping squirrels?


It was all fun and games until we saw a bug on the handrail. Daddy had to squish it before play could resume.

Of course baby had to enjoy the playground too. I didn't feel the need to share pictures of Abby tossing her baby in the air like I do to her. I thought that it might scare some people. Needless to say, Abigail needs to practice her catching and she's going to be supervised at all times when we get a new 'little one'.


Yay! We made it to the bottom! I kept having to explain to her that Daddy is too fat to get on the playground with her. It was probably her way of determining if the equipment was safe or not. If fat Daddy could play on it, then she would be all set.


Climbing around. She loved the monkey bars and the sliding hanging thing-a-ma-jig that was there too. Those I did play on and tried to teach her a few climbing techniques like heel hooking. We're still practicing but watch out here in a few years, (maybe 8), we'll get her to some rock climbing competitions.


I was forbidden to hang out at the motorcycle range and take pictures of Sarah while she was riding. She thought that I would make her more nervous. Abby and I had to use some of my Army training and sneak some pictures of her riding. (She's the middle motorcycle.) I learned a few things while doing this. One, groundskeepers are very nosy, especially when you're hiding in a shrub. Two, two year olds aren't very good at being sneaky. Three, if I'm going to go into the spying business full time I'm going to have to buy a better camera.


Here she is again! (Middle motorcycle.)


If she hasn't called you, or if you didn't catch it on Facebook, Sarah passed! Watch out world! We still have some practicing to do but she learned a lot from the course. The instructors were very impressed and she out did a few of the guys too. When she gets back from Texas she goes for her license and we start taking little trips up and down the roads. Don't worry, we'll be safe. The big town of Dixon where we live is very biker friendly (population 1,500 people).

7 comments:

Renae said...

I'm so proud of you Sarah you are way more brave than me and I was in the army. Great job!!! I love the name motorcycle mamma!!! ;)

Janis said...

Congrats to you, Sarah! Thanks for the pictures and updates, Josiah! Be careful in teaching Abby to be sneaky. That could backfire on you.

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

that is so awesome..I got a good giggle over the nosy grounds people comment...

Tuthill Family said...

I can't believe how long Abby's hair is getting! I laughed soo hard... probaby shouldn't be reading your blog at work anyway. :) Congrats on passing!

The Loy's.Blogspot.com said...

Sarah congraulations on passing. Have fun and be careful. Uncle Gary and I like the three wheeled bikes. If we was going to have one that is what we would have. Love,

Anonymous said...

Look out world is right!!! Abby looks soo stinkin' cute as usual! I have no need for a motorcycle, can't carry too many shoe boxes from shopping while riding home...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sarah! Josiah, I chuckled reading your description of being a spy. No, two year olds don't know how to be sneaky. Wait till you're trying to play hide and seek and they tell where you are. That doesn't impress older kids! :-) Glad you all had a wonderful day! Thanks for sharing the great pictures!
Love to all, Donna