Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bird Houses

During my two weeks of leave, Abigail and I decided to build a bird house. She was a great little helper. She sanded the pieces after I cut them and then helped me screw them together. We put down some paper on Sarah's craft table down cellar and got to painting. Here are some pics of our event:




Here's our finished project:


Not too bad for our first bird house, especially with minimal tools. We probably shouldn't open a craft store quite yet but some relatives might find them in their mailboxes as gifts this spring/summer.

10 comments:

The Bertone's said...

Very Cute!

Tuthill Family said...

What a great little helper! I love the paint job... I think you've got a little Picasso on your hands. :) Hey, if I were a bird I'd want to live there!

Loyfamily said...

February 9, 2010

The birdhouses are very nice and the paint job is wonderful and the colors are very nice. I would say they are first-class all the way. Love,

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! It is so rewarding to see the quality time Abby gets with you! She is going to be so well-rounded in all areas of her life. The birdhouse is beautiful and the colors brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

Love,
Donna

Just another Army wife.... said...

Ahhh How adorable! (we made bird houses yesterday to...)!!!!I would keep it forever! So precious

McLaughlin Family said...

I think the paint job was very well done. Looks like browned grass so the birds should feel right at home. We tried fingerpainting with Ada, but she kept wiping her hands on her face and tasting it! so we will use the color wonder finger paints next time...

Janis said...

Very Nice!!! I would be honored to receive a geniune Josiah Abby creation such as that! In fact I could find a wall for Abby to paint.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! I can't wait to see mine in my mailbox!

Holly said...

She did a great job painting those birdhouses! I would definitely keep one as a keepsake. I am betting that you will find an abundance of birds trying to crowd into this house because it's perfect!

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.