Friday, May 1, 2009

Back Home With Loved Ones

After MANY delays the 752nd Ord Co (EOD) finally returned home. Not only was it nice to be back in the USA but it was great to be home with family. When I arrived at the company area, where our families were waiting, I was amazed to see Abby wide awake. She did great, a little sceptical at seeing me at first but quickly warmed up to me. We were released to go home at about 3:30 am. It was nice to be back in my home, sleeping in my bed, and eating out of my frig. I'll tell the story of our adventurous travel another day. Here are some pictures that we took of the first 12 hrs back home.

I couldn't have asked for a more supportive wife. As I was getting an incredible farmer's tan in the sand box, she was battling a toddler, two dogs, and a house full of chores.

My baby.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support, I greatly appreciated them.

13 comments:

Marie said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE HOME!!!!!!

WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!

OK, THIS DOES NOT HOLD THE APPROPRIATE ENTHUSIASM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!!

Tara said...

Congrats! It looks like you're all happy to be together.. no matter what time it was! Enjoy being a family!

Janis said...

That's great that you're back. I noticed the affectionate touch on your bike!

Aunt T said...

I'm happy you're all together again. It's tough being away from loved ones. You all look great!!

Unknown said...

WELCOME BACK!! It's about time!! :) hahaha Enjoy every minute.

McLaughlin Family said...

Congrats guys! I am sure it is great to all be together again!

Dana said...

Welcome home!

Please tell me you kissed your wife BEFORE you kissed the bike!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! I am so THRILLED to see you are back home! Of course, not as thrilled as Abby and Sarah, I'm sure! :-) Love the gentle touch of the bike!

Can't wait to see you all!

Love,
Donna

Nicki said...

I laughed out loud. Glad to see your priorities are straight. Jared says he knows some guys he wishes he could show this post to. We're looking forward to seeing you guys soon. Stay safe.

Renae said...

I love how he kisses you first then hugs the bike. Too funny!!! You guys look so happy!! :)

Rufener Family said...

Yay! You all look so happy to be back together again!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I can't express how happy I am for all of you!!! LUV U GUYS!! :)

Megan and Sean said...

Yay! We're so happy your home safe! I WAS wondering which picture the title 'My baby' was for.. congrats!