Sunday, October 14, 2007

Adoption Update

Here's the latest for all you family and friends that we haven't talked to yet. I (Josiah) will be able to travel with Sarah to Maine to pick up Abigail. We're finishing up our last minute stuff, doctors visits, paperwork, and getting last minute items. As we were shopping for baby stuff it was hard not to keep thinking that there was a possibility that the adoption could fall through but we're remaining positive. We're only getting certain things right now, waiting to get the bigger, more expensive items when we get back. Thanks to everyone that we've talked to about baby gear! We've received some great ideas.
It's been really exciting for us. We have two weeks before we head out. We're making packing lists, lists of people to visit (schedule now with us!), things to bring, things to leave behind,... it's a whirlwind of paper, sticky notes, and pencils. We're excited about the new challenge of parenthood. Is an 8" cresent wrench good enough for a rattle? I did get her a Harley Davidson receiving blanket, in HD orange color. (Take that Barbie!) I did find some camoflauge infant clothes in the Cabela's catalog. And of course we'll have to get her a Boston Red Sox shirt. (Sarah isn't so thrilled with my fashion sense. hehehe)
We've been reorganizing the house a little, making room for Abigail and her new things that we have to get. (Military housing isn't the most spacious housing.) Now we have to think about child proofing things and keeping the dogs from slobbering all over her. (Does that count as bath time?)
Like I said, it's been fun and exciting as well as a little stressful. I hope that you guys bear with us. We'll keep everyone posted as we get closer to the adoption.

5 comments:

Just another Army wife.... said...

This is so exciting! I can not wait to hear that you have her in hand!!! I am so calling Lauren and going pink baby shopping now! Oh yeah! Good luck and remember good things come to those who wait!!!!

Oh and dog slobber well I think she might need a bath after wards but only because she might get all sticky ya know...

Anonymous said...

Sarah&Josiah we are so happy for you and we pray that everything goes well with the adoption. I love the name you have picked for the baby.

ATC Spartans said...

Good luck, and I'm praying for both of you! I think I've grown as excited and anxiouse about it along with Sarah! Oh, and I completely understand full heartedly about being picky who gets to hold the baby, I was the exact same way. So dont feel bad, and feel free to tell me "no" anytime. I will understand. I used to use the old phrase "he had a rough night", which meant "no you cant hold him" First time parents are the worst...LOL! I'm writing from Ryan's blog page I've created for his company...check it out.

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thats awesome battles, now I will have a mini-battle too! sweet! I really hope to visit when u guys come up i will try my best to get out there for a couple hours and visit. I am so happy for you two. God Bless and hope all goes well, Keep Me Updated! -Battle