Saturday, October 24, 2009

An Update...

I know that we've talked to most of our family members since arriving here in Missouri. I just wanted to post a few things that has been happening.

We realized that the success rate of unpacking boxes and trying to organize the house with an almost two year old decreases the closer that you approach lunch time or nap time. Also every open box that you are trying to empty will have objects that you took out minutes before, reappear in them.

Today I was down cellar trying to fix the pantry shelves. Abigail was down there with me since Sarah was going to take off to get a few things from the grocery store. I had opened a box of Cheese Nips for her so that she could have a snack. While trying to measure a board I hear "Dadda, all done. Dadda, all done." from Abby. With my back to her I said, "Okay." and I kept on measuring. When she said it to me the second time the parenting 'six sense' started to tingle. I went over to her and noticed that she had dumped out the whole box of crackers around her and was holding up the empty box saying, "Dadda, all done."

Sarah caught Abigail eating Kix off from the floor with Daryl. She loves to pretend that she's a puppy. Of course she usually does it at the most inconvenient time like at Wally World, the Mall, or any other store especially when you're in a hurry.

We've found out that we don't get ANY channels on T.V. with our rabbit ears. So much for wanting to live away from Post. I guess I'll have to follow football season play by play on NFL.com and yell at the computer.

We finally put up Abby's swing. Out of our dozen trees that we have only ONE has branches suitable for the swing. Of course it's half way across the front lawn. At least we have a front lawn.

The workshop is quite nice. I have a shed where the lawn mower and yard tools will go. The garage portion is big enough to fit MANY motorcycles.

Abby's vocabulary is getting bigger. Of course her still has her favorite words but when prompted she'll say a few more. The other day she was saying a word but I wasn't quite getting it. Of course you try to say things that sound like what she's saying and she'll tell you if you got it or not. At first I got all proud because I thought she was trying to say 'Army' but after about ten minutes of this Sarah came to my rescue. "She's trying to say 'Emily'." Sarah said, explaining that they talked to her and Cameron earlier that day.

Once we get our camera batteries recharged we'll take some pictures of Abigail and the house. On Monday the Army is giving me ten days of free leave to set the house up. By then Sarah will get tired of me and push me to go back to work.

3 comments:

Tuthill Family said...

What exactly do you mean by "Many" motorcycles? Are you planning on getting one for Abby?
If so: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=535310&cmSource=Search

We are super excited for you guys and your new house! It's great to hear that Abby is helping with the un-packing. (wink, wink.) We can't wait to see her... and you guys of course!

Congrats on the new house! We can't wait to see pics once you guys get all settled in. (Don't worry - we'll give you a couple of days before we start pressuring you too much. ;)

Janis said...

That's great that you'll have time to get settled before going back to work. I love Abby's age of discovery. Dumping things out is very natural. Afterall one just has to see all that is in the box, bag, etc.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you about your move! I'm glad you are settling in well. Love to hear that Abby is a big help! :-)

Can't wait to see pictures of house, home and family. Especially our almost two-year old Miss Abigail!

Love, Donna