Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sea World '09

I know that we're about a month behind but here are a few of the pictures that we took of our Sea World trip. When we started out to San Antonio we encountered some rain and we thought that the whole trip would be a waste. The clouded skies actually helped out. The air was cooler and the lines were pretty short. It sprinkled a couple of times while we were walking around but nothing too drastic.

Here's Sarah enjoying one of the rides:

Abby and Sarah hanging out at the dolphin tank:


Waiting for Shamu:


We were a little apprehensive since Abby doesn't like to sit and wait but it all worked out. She loved to watch the animals and got really excited when Shamu and friends jumped out of the water. Remember how Abby likes to crawl on the ground and pretend she's a puppy? Well, while walking from an exhibit she laid down on the ground and kicked her legs pretending to be a dolphin or killer whale. She got a few chuckles from passersby. She also tried to run up to every baby stroller that we saw yelling "Baby! Baby!".
When we left to go home we didn't even get out of Sea World's parking lot before Abby fell asleep. I guess the excitement and walking around tuckered her out.

3 comments:

Tuthill Family said...

LOVE the new pics! Abby is adorable, as usual, but the one that really got me chuckling is the one of Sarah gripping onto the handles looking terrified,while the old lady next to her is all caus - usuing only one hand. GREAT! I think I might use it as my desktop background... just 'cause it makes me smile! :)

Janis said...

What a great adventure! It's so good that you're taking advantage of seeing the sights along your journey.

McLaughlin Family said...

I have never been to that particular Sea World- I lived in FL so we went to the one there. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun and the pics made me really miss it! Maybe one day we can take Ada and Roarke there...