Friday, August 14, 2009

Busy Little Bees

Wow!! I think that I'm getting too old for school work. My unit decided that 11 of us needed to attend a two week, 80 hour HAZMAT class. We're there from 9am to 5pm with an hour for lunch poring over books of codes and regulations used in the transportation of Hazardous material. If you think that reading your refrigerator manual is boring, try reading some of this stuff. Luckily, for the most part, they just cover codes that you most likely would use and you highlight and tab them for later reference. The tabs come in handy for the test.

I scored a 93% on the two part test that we took this week so I guess I didn't miss too much during those times that I spaced out. Not to brag but us EOD guys finish first on the tests and practicals. (And no, we don't cheat.) I guess after seven months of EOD school we're use to taking tests.

Oh, and did I tell you that my online college courses started this week too? Yes, after 10 years since the last college course I took, I've decided to further my education. I probably didn't pick a good time since we're also moving to Missouri in October. I just finished one of my online exams and scored a 95% and we're having a pretty good discussion in the Religion 101 class. (Ask me sometime about Joe and his volcano named Ed.) I'm feeling a little better after taking these tests this week. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Sarah and Abigail took off to Ft Leonard Wood to scout out houses. We might have found one, cross your fingers, but we're not 100% yet. House hunting has been quite a chore and a stressor for us.

So, if you're looking for new pictures or something funny you'll have to wait until Monday. Tomorrow I'm going on a bike ride and then I have to set up an EOD display in the afternoon for families to see. (I'll have a robot, a bomb suit, and a Barrett .50 cal rifle on display.)

4 comments:

Tuthill Family said...

Wow - Good for you going back to school! I'm so proud! What are you going to major in? What online college did you choose? C'mon... Details. details. :)
PS: Congrats on the house! I can't wait to see pics!

Tara said...

Good luck with everything... sounds like you guys are as busy as we are. Hope you find a house soon - one less stress to worry about. And I hope the move goes well for all you... good luck with your schooling!

Janis said...

Congrats on the scores! You really are a good student. You learn quickly the things that interest you.

Anonymous said...

I want to see my mini me! ;) Can't wait to hear more news on the house!!