Wednesday, December 5, 2007

1st Doctors Appointment





Our little one
is growing up. We had our one month check up on December 4. She is now 10lbs and 9.5 ozs as you can see in her picture. The nurse was so nice to let me take a picture of her. She loved the scale and wiggled all around on it. She however didn't like it when the nurse had her pull out long to see her length. She grew .1 inches, so now she is 21.1 inches long and her head is now 14.5 inches instead of the 14 inches.
She was really good for the doctor too. She didn't cry at all. I on the other hand wasn't so lucky, I needed to get the flu shot and my arm is still sore from that. She goes back in a month and that time I believe she will have to get shots. I am not looking forward to that visit.

4 comments:

Rufener Family said...

How cute is she! That is nice that she loved the scale! My kids always like to get weighed they do not like getting pulled to see how long they have gotten!

Just another Army wife.... said...

I am telling you the shots are the worse...WHen there this little and they scream like a crazy women atleast the nurse is holding them down give it about six more months and you'll have to be the one holding her down. lol

Nicki said...

My nurses always gave me weird looks but I never put my kids down for a shot. Because I am right-handed and alway holding the baby in my left arm, I aleays had the nurse give the shots into the baby's left leg. I would hold the baby (fully dressed except for a little exposed leg). The nurse or I would just hold down the one leg up against me for the second they needed. Most of the time, my kids never even noticed what had happened and when they did, I would lean in close (eye to eye) to give them something elsse to focus on. (or have a bottle or pacifier handy) We have never had big crying fits and the nurses are always surprised at how good the kids do. Just think- it's bad enough to get a little tiny pinprick, but at least nobody is scaring the poor child by holding them down. By the way- I am so proud of you and your picture taking! Way to Go! (So, how far behind in your scrapbooking are you?)

Marie said...

Follow Nicki's advice, she is right on!!

She is SO CUTE!!! How can you stand it?!?!?!

Miss you guys. Oh, and tag, you're it!