Sunday, March 8, 2009

Thinking of a New Car...

When I left to come here to Iraq we got rid of the neon. It was a hard thing to do. It had been with us for quite awhile and we (or I) considered it part of our family. It was the first car that Sarah and I bought together. It ended up with over 190,000 miles on it so it was put to good use. Well since I'm here and I have a little bit of free time on my hands I decided to start looking for another car. I do have my motorcycle but Abby is too young to ride on back of it.

Now, I could have started looking through consumer reports or ask a mechanic what their opinion was but I wanted expert advice. Where do you get such advice? The internet of course. The internet is where all the smart people are. Such important information is passed so frequently from person to person. Advice of all kinds can be found there. Marriage advice, fitness advice, political advice, pet advice,... forget the household chores, start surfing the 'net. Not only can you get such great advice from the internet but you can buy EVERYTHING on the internet too.

So, being the genius that I am, I decided to look on the 'net and see what kind of cars people were selling. I found so many that I can't make up my mind what to get. I've narrowed it down to a few favorites. Now this is where I'm calling for the expert advice of the people who surf the internet. I need help choosing which one to get. Vote for your favorite one in the comment section!

#1 - Can't you see Abby with her little helmet and goggles as we cruise to the grocery store?


#2 - I was thinking that I would fit in really well here in Texas.


#3 - This truck would be a little easier to get in and out of.


#4 - Can you say family car? Room for Sarah, Abby and the dogs.


#5 - Yes, another truck.


VOTE NOW!! Or if you have a link to another one that I might like, email me and I'll post it for consideration.

8 comments:

Em said...

Oooh, this is a tough decision, I say #5. You can put Abby in the back and she can feel the breeze flow through her curls.

Stacey said...

I'm a fan of the volks wagon, they are good cars. stylish too.

Janis said...

As much as I like the looks f the sidecar - where would you put the groceries?- I vote on #4, room for everyone and everything. You could even camp out in it...mom

Tuthill Family said...

Tough call... Jon likes the Monster Truck, but I think that's only because we're knee deep in Mud here in NH. I on the other hand think you should go for a prettier, more gas-efficient option: http://trinity.richmond.echidna.id.au/originals/2003/Castle%20Combe/Purple%20Mini%201.jpg
It's just you style... :)

Tuthill Family said...

Just in case the link didn't work, type this into the URL:
http://trinity.richmond.echidna.id.
au/originals/2003/Castle%20Combe/Pu
rple%20Mini%201.jpg

Anonymous said...

I think we all know, I am not one to be giving advice on cars.. :)

Marie said...

The VW truck.

TOTALLY.

Anonymous said...

#3... but it needs flames on the side. LOL